Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Houston.....we kinda have a problem on the Orbital



This is a quick sketch I just did from memory with a charcoal pencil, showing the results of my "Orbital MRI". Just kidding...I used a sharpie not a pencil...just kidding...Google images drew it for me....
The BLUE is the brain stem at the top of my spine...the GREEN is the tumor that sits on the brain stem at the top of my spine...and the little RED spots to the right and left of it are the "5th nerve". Therein lies the problem with my chin.

The 5th nerve branches off into several places and one of them is the chin.
It appears that the tumor on the top of my brain stem has been compressing this nerve for nigh on two years and it has finally waved the white flag and given up.

Here again....all my time spent worrying I could have spent...well there isn't a whole lot I can do, but I could have spent it doing something other than worrying.

I am also glad I know this because I can now say something to my kids like "That is my 5th nerve and you're on it!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment