Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chinny chin chin



I have recently found a numb spot on my chin. It feels weird...kinda like the last stages of a dental visit...not TOTALLY numb but not not-numb. For months I have avoided looking up my symptoms on line because that is a slippery slope I do not want to start sliding down...that slope is steep, rocky, and full of prickers!

So after looking my symptoms up online......I found that one of the causes of this, is metastatic breast cancer.....who knew? Well some people knew cuz someone had to post it.
So I called the Dr., and Naveed (Nurse extraordinaire) told me not to give it another thought. While admitting that the mind is a terrible thing, he told me that there were many reasons for this numb chin thing and there was no reason for me to stew about it....adding that looking symptoms up online is a bad bad idea.

For a split second I felt peace. It was great....it was refreshing...it was so quick.
I feel like I will never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment