Monday, October 19, 2009

Before and after


Before my cancer diagnosis, my days were busy busy busy. There was, of course, normal house stuff like vacuuming, dusting, washing, drying, mopping, scrubbing, loading, unloading,stripping, re-making, buying, baking, feeding...etc.
Then there was horsing, scooping, watering, grooming,feeding again, lunging etc.
Then there was research, reading, asking, counseling...on raising a daughter with Asperger's Syndrome. Then there was the actual RAISING of the daughter with Asperger's. There were trips to the school...too many to count...countless hours emailing teachers, many meetings and many controversies.
Then there were friends and coffee and BS (Bible study) and a husband and a son, oil changes for the car, new underwear and socks without holes...and the list goes on.

My days look much different now. They are much less complicated...in fact they are downright slow most of the time....OK boring (you had to make me say it didn't you.
Not boring in the Cancer sense....(cancer is NEVER boring..especially in your head) but boring in the physical sense.

I have decided that since there is really nothing I can do about it, I will like my new life. One of the nice things about this new life is that I am almost ALWAYS available should I get a phone call inviting me for coffee or lunch...(hint hint)

Well the dog needs me now so I better go : )

No comments:

Post a Comment