Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conversations without talking



Today was a very good day. I am tired after being on the road for several hours but I am glad for the trip and what it did for me.
Thanks for caring...gotta go make dinner....ha ha...just teasing..

Today I had coffee (a very healing legume as it turns out)with a friend I first met when I was 10 years old. We lived next door to each other and I refuse to describe the performances we spent hours choreographing and singing so that we could gather all two of our mothers to sit and watch our fabulous 10 minute show....as far as we knew, we were destined for a life in the performing arts for sure.
Our adventures go beyond our dancing and singing skills but that's going down a rabbit trail that would probably incriminate one or the other of us (just kidding mom and dad).

When we met today, it was as if no time had passed..... I love those friendships. No one takes those years of silence and complete absence from each other's lives personally....it's awesome.

As we sipped our coffee we talked about all kinds of things, then she told me about how she ended up working for her current employer. It might sound boring to someone else but for me it was almost like I was having a conversation with someone else...but this conversation didn't involve any talking.

If you have read my previous blog, I have had a difficult time trying to figure out my place and purpose now that the family dynamic has changed....I have been forcing myself to come up with options...making myself take time to think about it, rolling it around and around....to no avail....I did learn something through this experience though....I learned this was a colossal waste of time.....

You see...all my girlfriend did was live her life and make herself available for this type of thing to happen. The job was delivered to her.

Now I may or may not be looking for work (if you are looking for someone on a very part-time basis....call me)...it may be something entirely different, but once again I am reminded that this life is not in my control....which if you think about it, is so great because God has so many more connections than I do and we all know that it's really all about WHO you know!

So goodie-gumdrops, Laurie gets to sit and wait some more....but I feel better about it now.

1 comment:

  1. ya know, Laura Jane, you can sure turn a phrase. I could sit here reading and re-reading your blogs all night long. I love you, Dearie.
    Susan on Lopez

    ReplyDelete