Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vitamin update and I still have so much to learn



These are the vitamins I take now. Upon actually reading something about it, I learned that calcium and vitamin D are much more important than I thought. The other is a multi-vitamin that comes in a powder form as I tend to "reverse digest" the regular vitamins. If you're not good at keeping vitamins down, I would totally recommend this version.

So I have only been doing this for 2 days but I think it is actually helping. My vitamin D levels were very low (19 for those of you in the know) so I have much pill swallowing in my future.

Now......I spent all morning trying to find a way to take the above picture and post it here. Trouble was first I couldn't find the cable for my small digital camera...I don't say this lightly as I turned rooms upside down and mumbled unkind things under my breath.

So I moved on to the older camera that uses floppy discs and discovered the battery was dead. As opposed to hurling it into the woods like I wanted, I decided to charge the battery only to discover I had no idea where the battery charger was. So after crying a little, I took baby steps up the stairs to hunt this thing down.

Somewhere amidst the tangle of cords that have been so carefully shoved into the drawer I found it...so I popped the battery in to charge and took off to buy floppy discs.

At my local Rite Aid I think I found the last existing box of floppy discs and a fabulous deal on mascara...one that provides both volume AND length!

Feeling a little less frustrated, I headed home to take my picture only to have the camera start beeping at me and flashing "disc protect" on the screen. The tears began to flow again as I muttered, "I just want to take one picture...is that asking too much?"...which then turned into "you better find some protection you #$%& disc!"

After a deep breath and a little unused logic I figured out that the little square dealy on the disc needed to be moved over....then all was suddenly right with the world until I took a very brief look at myself..... and realized that I had totally over-reacted (you think?) and that I should be soooooo past this kind of behavior after all I have been through.

This is so much tougher than I thought....but I think I can still say that I am willing to fight against it.....and fight for it....the lessons that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment