Monday, July 20, 2009

Is it still ok to cry?



Yesterday I cried....I cried a lot actually....I cried because I can't work in my garden or ride my horse...I can't sit in the boat on fishing trips..my kids argue ALL the time..my knee really hurts...my husband wants me to be healthy again and, well, everyone knows that's out of my hands...

I cried because the hair on the top of my head is growing exponentially slower then the hair on the back and sides (that's THE back and THE sides, not my back and sides...just in case you were reading really fast and misread that line) and it looks really weird....

I also cried because my next scan is in two days and frankly I am a bit ready to run away from home and live in denial....someplace where it is always 75* and there is a slight breeze and everyone is kind and your hair grows all at the same speed..and food has no calories...oh wait, that's Heaven....well something close to that.

Being human is hard....fighting my nature is hard...learning lessons is hard...
excuse me while I go take care of these bags under my eyes...(I hear Prep. H works wonders)

2 comments:

  1. Crying seems to be an appropriate response here ... See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cried many times, but I have never posted about it! "Boys don't cry" was what my culture said. So I do it in private. But it is human to cry. I should also cry that what makes me cry seems as "nothing" compares to what has made you cry.

    ReplyDelete