Sunday, December 13, 2009

TLBOP



I have a very dear friend here in Anacortes. She is amazing, along with her husband and kids...and I don't say that lightly.
Every once in a while she calls and reads to me from The Little Book of Prayers to offer me encouragement.

During one of those phone calls we started to chuckle about how different the prayers would be if she wrote her own version of TLBOP. We are both going through some difficult, painful, baffling, confusing times right now.

She decided that her prayers would be a little less elegant. For example, here are some exerps from pages 1-5:
1.WHAT?
2.HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT?
3.NO NO NO NO, THAT WASN'T WHAT I ASKED FOR
4.I HAVE DONE THAT ALREADY! I DON'T WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.
5.THIS IS RIDICULOUS...AKA...THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING.

I borrowed a prayer out of the newly revised version yesterday as my tongue burned and all the skin on the inside of my cheek began to peel off like a blister, and I couldn't eat or drink anything. Then just for fun I woke up with a very sore throat!
Page 5 works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment